About Me

My photo
Sometimes it is of the utmost importance to be completely honest with who you are, be it a psychotic weirdo or a boring bookworm. This is me, being both.

Sunday 28 November 2010

Catullus 83

laIn the flanks of death you will find him: follow up.
" was Catullus poem 5. This is Catullus poem 83.

Lesbia mi praesente viro mala plurima dicit:
Lesbia me present husband bad things very many says
haec illi fatuo maxima laetitia est.
this that foolish greatly pleasing is.
mule, nihil sentis? si nostri oblita taceret,
Idiot, nothing realise? if me forgetful silent,
sana esset: nunc quod gannit et obloquitur,
cured of love would be: now because grumbles and attacks,
non solum meminit, sed, quae multo, acrior est res,
not only remember, but, which much, important is thing,
irata est. hoc est, uritur et loquitur.
angry is. this... the point is passionate at speaking.

Lesbia says many bad things about
me when her husband is present:
This is very pleasing to that fool.
Idiot, do you realise nothing? If she were silent,
forgetful of me,
She would be cured of love: now because she grumbles and attacks (me)
not only does she remember (me), but, which is the much more important thing,
She is angry. This is the point, she is passionate and speaking (about me)

No comments:

Post a Comment